Thursday, May 14, 2015

My First #FireTerry of the Year

This is where I enter those easily flipable, fickle feelings regarding our favorite baseball team. There are probably so many other factors at hand that have led us to 20-14 record after a 13-3 start, but as far as I'm concerned, Terry Collins and his poor in-game managing is magnified even more so in this supposed hopeful new era. I don't care about the injuries, I don't care about any of that. No matter the level of talent, this man has never, in any of his years here, put the Mets in the best position to succeed. And he's only gotten worse, as far as I'm concerned.


MANDATORY CREDIT: Jake Roth, USA TODAY sports
I didn't get a chance to watch the whole game, but it did dawn on me by the 4th that the game may be on Wednesday Night Baseball on my ESPN app, and it was. So, "Thankfully" I was able to see everything fall apart at the end while helping customers claim the Two Boots slices they wanted. I immediately turned the app off before the bootleg announcers could tell me what I saw.

I will say this: 15 seconds later, the Rangers won 2-1 in overtime of the 7th game against a team I hate exclusively because they have the word "Washington" somewhere there. The Rangers provided an example of a payoff after having your backs against the wall. Honestly, and this, I guess, is just how I feel about baseball and the Mets, there's always some kind of payoff every year, whether or not you think THE payoff is the only thing that matters.


The Mets backs are not yet against the wall...

But it does feel they're slowly walking backwards towards the Grand Canyon...

Can we have some Major League Wallyball already? And don't give me that "Wally's not Sandy's type of guy," stuff. I don't believe it. And neither do some other people.


#FireTerry
LET'S. GO. METS.

No comments:

Post a Comment